ENTER THE 2018 RACE
The challenge of Portmeirion takes place in and around the “Gwyllt” of Portmeirion on Saturday 24th March, 2019. The 6k trail race will start at 1pm. If you would like to enter the Challenge – and why not!!! Please click on the ‘Enter’ button and you will be redirected to our online entry page. ENTRIES will be live on October 6th.
Online entry in advance costs £17 for affiliated runners & £19 for non affiliated. This inlcudes the booking fee and card fee.
NO animals on the course and also NO DOGS allowed in the Portmeirion village
Bespoke Prizes will be awarded. Male & Female 1,2,3 and Junior Male & Female 1st as well as SPOT PRIZES for all runners, who will insert their number in a bin on the finish line. The spot prize draw will be made before the main presentation. Hopefully in 2018 we will be showing the rugby match in the Town Hall if it clashes with the 6 nations. Information soon as well regarding “6th Trail Fit Camp 2018”.
Q. Is there a course time limit?
Q. Where does the race start and finish?
A. The race starts under the Arch way in the village cnetre next to café glas
Q. When will I receive my confirmation letter?
A. All online entrants are sent a confirmation e-mail immediately.
Q. Where is the Expo being held?
A. Event HQ / Registration will be held in the Green Shed in the Car Park as you arrive, so you can either leave you cothing etc in the registration or easy access to keep everything in your car. Easy access to your car and back, just for you to infor the entrance staff that you will be coming back.
Q. Where will I collect my race pack?
A. Packs are available at registration, mementoes will be given out at the finish. Registration will run from 10.30 am until 12:45 pm on race day.
Q. Have I been accepted?
A. Your confirmation e-mail is proof of your acceptance in to the race.
Q. What will I receive when I finish the challenge?
A. All challenge runners will receive and a commemorative keepsake and refreshments will be available at the finish, and the chance to win the bespoke trophies or also spot prizes which will be drawn before the main presentation
Q. Do you transport baggage from the start to the finish?
Q. What does my entry fee cover?
A. Entry in to the 6K race, free entry to Portmeirion for all runners, discount entry for your friends and family visiting with you, commemorative keepsake. Also included are finish refreshments, drinks, fruits and entertainment, chance to win prizes as well as the rights to say on site until close of day 7pm. Overall its an unique / exclusive opportunity to run in the iconic, and designated conservation area of Portmeirion.
6th trail complies with UK Athletics rules
1. Runners must be at least 18 years old on the race day.
2. Participants must begin the race during the official start and run the course as marked.
3. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part should take medical advice from a general practitioner prior to the event.
4. No aids, such as roller-skates, baby joggers, in line blades, nordic sticks, cycles or other non-official wheeled vehicles are permitted on the course.
5. No animals are permitted on the course.
6. All participants must write their name and details of any health problems or medication on the reverse of the race number, which must be worn unfolded and should be visible throughout the race.
7. 6th trail retains the right to refuse entry to anyone declaring false information on their entry form, not making the required payment, or otherwise failing to meet the stated entry requirements.
8. All participants take part at their own risk and a disclaimer waiving all claims against the race and any party acting on its behalf must be completed by all entrants.
9. Each participant MUST wear a race chip in order for them to receive a time.
10. By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during their participation in the race to be used to publicise 6th Trail.
11. All participants must acknowledge and agree that personal information (including medical information entered on my race number or collected by event medical staff during or after the Event) can be stored, used and disclosed by 6th trail in connection with the organisation, promotion and administration of the Event and for the compilation of statistical information.
12. If a participant becomes ill during or after the Event and/or receive medical attention or treatment either from event medical staff, St John Ambulance or any doctor or hospital, they must authorise such persons to provide details (including details of medical treatment) to the Mountain Rescue / First Aider or others authorised by him.
13. Race Officials reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, supplement or waive all of the Official Rules. Participants shall be bound by any modification or supplement of the Official Rules published prior to the race.
14. According to UK Athletics rules, any runners wearing devices requiring headphones will run the risk of disqualification. This is a safety issue as the race is run on open roads.
Failure to follow these Official Rules, as may be amended, will result in immediate disqualification, loss of prize money and ejection from the race course.